Clinic Safety Protocols for Coronavirus
Here at Flourish Integrative Health, your safety and the safety of our practitioners is always at top of mind. As we start to get back to in-person acupuncture treatments, we are working hard to ensure that the protocols we have in place will keep any potential for exposure to the coronavirus to a minimum. We wanted to share our new protocols with you – both what we are doing, and what we are asking patients to do – so that you can have peace of mind that you will be as safe as possible in the clinic.
Here’s what we’re doing to keep the clinic clean and safe:
- Our practitioners wear masks at all times when working with patients.
- Our treatment tables have been stripped of linens – we now use table paper and disposable plastic-lined pillow cases instead. Of course, the table is sprayed and wiped down between patients.
- Anywhere that a patient is likely to have touched will be wiped down after their departure.
- Our practitioners wash their hands with soap and water before and after treatment with each patient, and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer as necessary when in the room with the patient.
- Each treatment room is left empty for at least 30 minutes before the next patient enters that room.
- Air filters are used in every room.
- Any frequently touched surface will be wiped down at the beginning and end of the practitioner’s shift.
Here’s what we’re asking patients to do while in the clinic, to ensure that they are safe, to minimize their time spent in the clinic, and to avoid any potential exposures:
- Each patient is screened by phone for potential COVID-19 symptoms or exposure prior to entering the clinic for their treatment.
- The majority of the intake (talking portion of the treatment) is conducted by phone or Zoom, either right before their treatment or earlier in the day.
- Patients are expected to wear a mask the entire time that they are in the clinic.
- The waiting room is no longer used. Patients wait in their car until contacted by their provider to enter the clinic. The practitioner opens the door to the clinic and the door to the treatment room for them, so they don’t need to touch any handles.
- Patients’ temperature will be taken, using a contactless thermometer, prior to entering the clinic.
- Patients are asked to prepare by bringing in / wearing appropriate items for minimal undressing.
- Patients are given hand sanitizer when they enter the clinic, and then again when they are leaving the treatment room.
- Payment is made via online invoicing, to avoid the need for exchange of credit cards or money in the clinic.
If you have any questions or concerns about our safety practices, please feel free to contact us anytime. We hope to see you in the clinic soon!